Prevent Basement Flooding With These Popular Methods Fenton, MI
Fortunately, there are a number of simple steps you can take to ensure your basement stays dry and free from water damage. Here are some tips for waterproofing your basement:
- Install a sump pump – A sump pump is used to draw out excess water from the basement and channel it away from the home. It should be connected to an outlet that is powered by electricity or battery-operated backup in case of power failure.
- Check plumbing pipes regularly – Broken or leaking pipes can cause serious flooding problems in the basement. Regularly inspect all your fixtures and make sure any visible cracks or leaks are taken care of before they become a major issue.
- Repair any cracks in the walls or floor – Even the smallest cracks in the basement walls or floor can allow water to seep in. Make sure to repair any cracks as soon as you notice them, and seal them with a waterproofing compound for added protection.
- Install gutters and downspouts – Gutters divert rainwater away from your home, while downspouts direct it further away from the foundation of your house. Make sure that both are properly installed and angled correctly so they can do their job effectively.
- Install window wells – Window wells help keep out moisture by surrounding windows with a well-draining material such as gravel or crushed stone. This way, rainwater won’t be able to collect near your windows and seep into the basement.
- Check exterior landscaping – Improper exterior landscaping can cause water to pool near your foundation and eventually leak into your basement. Make sure that slopes, grading, and other landscaping features are properly maintained to keep water away from your home.
By following these simple tips, you can protect your basement from major flooding problems and enjoy a dry, safe space for years to come!
Last but not least it’s always important to have an experienced professional inspect your home at least once a year as part of a routine maintenance schedule. This way you can be sure that any potential problems are detected and addressed in time before they become serious issues. With regular inspections and repairs, your basement will be waterproof and safe.
Contact the Professionals at Basement Cracks & Leaks Today! 800-639-1131
Is a fully licensed and insured professional Waterproofing & Foundation Repair company serving communities throughout Michigan since 1993. Family owned and operated. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and professional attention to detail. Our company is fully licensed by the state of Michigan and insured for your peace of mind. We have been accredited since 2001 with the Better Business Bureau and are members of the Basement Health Association receiving the National Star Service Award 15 years running.
Whether you need an interior drain tile system installation, wall straightening with anchors or stabilization, encapsulation, or epoxy injection we do it all at Basement Cracks & Leaks, Metro Inc. We specialize in both interior and exterior waterproofing systems & foundation repair.
Our team will come to your home & evaluate your specific problem with over 30 years of industry experience behind them. Using that knowledge & expertise they will design and draft a custom repair plan to meet your home or businesses specific needs. Before we begin your project, we will review your plan with you and make sure you completely understand the repair process. From start to finish we will work with you every step of the way.